16 August 2009

How it all started...

Well, I don't always have a lot of time to sit down and type but, I wanted to start a little blog about Julie and me. A few days before the GYRAD (get your roomate a date) dance at school I got a call from my chemistry lap partner and FHE mom, Megan, setting me up on a date with Julie. It was kind of like a blind date although I knew who she was since we had been in the same ward for a few months already and we were in the same FHE group. I wasn't sure about the whole set-up thing since I wasn't sure how intrested Julie was and I didn't want to feel overbearing or anything. after a 30 minute or so discussion on the phone with Megan I agreed to call and ask Julie on a date. So I called Julie up and asked her out, she said yes :) it was great. The day of the dance I got a text message from Julie telling me the dance was themed with something like dress up as your favorite movie star. Through texting we decided to dress up as Alfalfa and Darla from "Little Rascals." I spiked my hair and got a ribbon that I tied in a bow to give my best bowtie impression. (I couldn't find any place that had bow ties in rexburg.) So, I picked her up and all dressed up we went to AppleBee's for dinner and the hostess but our name down as Alfalfa. After dinner, we ended up at the dance. The first song Julie and I danced to was Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing." To make a long story short, we danced, got tired, left, went to Julie's apartment, watched "Little Rascals" together. Things were going great and I felt a real connection with Julie so I got the guts to make a move, I put my arm around Julie!! While talke and watching the movie, I decided to push my luck and ask for a second date. (by the way she said yes with a huge grin on her face and gave me a huge case of the butterflies)

1 comment: